Friday, October 17, 2008

Standing on you mama’s porch you told me it’d last forever !!!

Hey m back again, and guess what, it’s the end of first semester at our B school. And holidays started like some 11 hours ago at 1 PM , September 27,2008 (This is how we are supposed to write the date as per our Business communication course ;) ). Anyhow as holidays commenced .. I was one of the first ones to leave the campus in (and believe me … its true) 2 hours after the exams ended..hehe!!
Was scheduled to go to Chandigarh, my HOME SWEET HOME.. but had to take a detour for some personal reasons, so I’ll be putting up in Mumbai with dad and mom for a few days and then back to heaven :)
Anyhow , imagine my situation now.. its almost 1 am in the morning of September 28, 2008 (OH YEAH! I know my subjects…atleast one of them ). I am sitting on the bus to Mumbai .. the bus is stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere because the freako bus guy had to load some stuff on the bus which seems like a 1000 kilos to me and its been a freakin hour waiting for him to move from here… but to no avail.. So I decide that since I cant sleep during travelling.. I’d rather write a post for my blog. And here I am once again to bore you and claim my sadistic share of satisfaction.
About the title…..You’d wonder what it means… well I was listening to Summer of 69 a while ago… and somehow something clicked in my mind…and at that point I was like BINGO!!.... I now have an idea to write upon, But currently the picture has faded a bit…. For that one second I thought I had achieved that perfect clarity… but as a jackpot machine gets the jackpot for fraction of a second and after that its just the periphery points… similar is my situation… but I think I can gather the periphery points in order to match the correct picture….So as I write, I am pretty sure that all this will make sense at the end of this post :)

Well, finally I am going home .. the first term ended… my grades screwed bigtime.. lets just chuck the grades thingy for a while… coz that’s what the trading of my campus takes as the term for something which has a monetary value.. In short if u have no grades , u r nothing.

Anyhow , trying to keep a check on the frequency of my getting distracted every ten seconds, I’d rather not waste time and get to work..
Recently I’d been through the first ever HOSTEL LIFE experience in my life.. Everyone told me that for once hostel life should be experienced.. because its fun… and I thought that I’d somehow figure it out for myself as time passes by. In the process what I discovered was a bigger truth to life… and that truth was NOSTALGIA. So you’d wonder why of all the things am I talking about nostalgia… well because nostalgia is something that made me realize importance of certain things in my life. The things, which at some point of time I did not even notice… the things at some point of time which I thought were irrelevant… and believe this… things which at some point of time I really hated.. they all came back to me … and I ACTUALLY MISSED THEM!!
Looking back I realize that a day wasted… sitting in front of my PC .. which was one of the usual days of my routine .. one of the most boring kinds of days I spent back at my place… had a value which was equal to the good days spent at this new place. And you know when I really came to realize this.. I was shaken... I mean its no big deal ..all common sense bla blahh.. but then I’d say that you don’t actually discover it unless u really discover it yourself. I look back and wonder if the time passed would ever return in my life… ?? The answer…Yes , No , Maybe
Well according to me its NO. I barely remember the incidents of what all I did… I mean I can recall some… but the thing that really strikes hard is that deep down inside me I am still a sucker for those feelings. .. well I guess that everyone has a weak point in terms of nostalgia… some accept it..some don’t.. which triggers a part of you which absolutely replicates the old feeling for a moment and in that moment you feel the importance of being blessed with an emotion such as feelings.

Some of the instances that trigger my feelings have been :
1. The trunk of the mango tree in my school where we used to play cricket with tiffin boxes and a foil.
2. The time when I had like 6 ice creams in a row with my best friend
One of my birthdays when we were 9 people in my car and we went out for the treat, in navratras and Tuesday just because two assholes didn’t care… the rest 6 assholes also ordered it…(and if you are wondering where did that last asshole go…. Well he was not an asshole…just a perverted vegetarian…)and ouch! We had chicken! ( Sorry GOD!)
3. That one time when we were drunk.. at 1 PM in the middle of road.. sector 17, we stopped in the middle of the road.. opened the doors… music full volume.. my friend dancing with a firang in the middle of the road.. m making a video… 2 guys puking… one guy goes wandering,destination=nowhere and is lost and another one is enjoying and doing YO YO! Lol.
I can name a lot of them.. the list wouldn’t end.. but then it’s a blog..not a newspaper.. so I’d cut it short.
Lastly, the touch of my sweetest mother.. which I always took for granted…has made a special sense to me lately. Believe me no amount of parties can beat the effect which that one touch has on you… the feeling which follows can never be put to words… can just be felt…
I sometimes wonder if getting nostalgic is like sticking to the past ? Is it the sign that person is not able to move on?
I’ve lived … lived in a way I’d never live again I know.. may be better.. may be worse… but never the same. And nostalgia… well it savours the taste in me… it makes all that happened worth it… it gives us a feeling which we relate to as experience.. and experience in its richest forms constitutes the best of our memories. Memories that we’l cherish for a lifetime.. Memories that make your life worth living!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home